Our History

Two houses

Though Old Manor House sounds like a grand building with beams and sloping floors, the property which opened as a bed and breakfast in late 2019 is in fact an extended version of one of two buildings that once stood on this site.

The building that remains began as a store to service the main house which is no longer there.

The first picture above shows how the buidings used to look when the property was known as Ivy House.

In 2019, the size of the remaining buidling was almost doubled, with the addition of a large beautiful extension which houses three extra spacious en-suite bedrooms and a large lounge and dining reception room for guests.

The Fire

So what happened to the original house? The clipping from the Shepton Mallet Journal, published in 1929 explains: a large fire took hold of the larger building, which ultimately did not survive the ordeal.

Where the old house once stood are now quirky, secluded walled gardens, ready for guests to enjoy.